Saturday, March 24, 2007
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Ugadi Greetings !! Ushering In A Season Of Hope And Cheer !!
A Weekend Spread with Mexican Tortilla And Yummy Treats From Fellow Bloggers Recipes !
Recipe For VEG Medley!(Cauliflower-Potatoes-And-Peas)
2 onions, Finely chopped
4 potatoes, diced
1 bowl cauliflower florets
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
2 Tbsp oil
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 bowl peas cooked
water as required
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp sugar
salt as required
Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the onions and fry for few minutes until light brown. Add the potatoes and cauliflower and stir fry. Add the turmeric, chilli, cumin ,salt and sugar & tomatoes . Stirfry for few more minutes. Add the peas, water as required , cover and cook for about 10 minutes,keep stirring the vegetables to prevent burning until the potatoes and cauliflower are done.finally add in the garam masala and freshly chopped coriander leaves before serving.
Source: From The Passionate cook, who blogs about Life n spices with abandon and with an equally matching humility and passion to learn .Her pictures speak for themselves.
It's Sia's Rava Idli
Appam with chutney!Source:From Indianadoc 's potpourri
Enjoy Good Food with lot's of Festive cheer !!
Monday, March 12, 2007
Red Hot Kofta Curry N Lamb Chops !!!
For Making koftas :
Mince meat 500 grams(Lamb/Chicken Mince)
Ginger & Garlic paste 1Tbsp
Roasted Gram flour 1 Tbsp
Garam masala powder 1 Tsp
Green chillies 1-2 chopped
Curry powder 1 Tsp
Salt to taste
For Curry :
whole Green cardamoms3
Bay leaves 2
Cinnamon 1 "
Cumin Powder 1Tsp
Ginger and Garlic paste 1 Tbsp
1 Onion chopped finely
Kashmiri Red chilli powder 2 Tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 Tsp
Coriander powder 1Tsp
Tomato puree 1 cup
chicken stock 1 cup
salt as required
Fresh cream 1- 2 Tbsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing(optional).
Mix all the ingredients well for kofta and divide them into small portions to make koftas . Keep aside.
Heat the ghee or oil in a pan and fry the whole spices till you get their aroma . Add the ginger & garlic paste and then the onions, saute for a while till the onions are brown . Add all the powders and saute for few mts .later add the pureed tomatoes and simmer for few more minutes. Now add the chicken stock, salt and add the chicken kofta balls one by one and cook over low flame for nearly 30 mts till the balls are cooked well and the curry is thickened. Finally stir in some fresh cream & garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves & It's ready to serve.
Lamb Chops - 500 gms
Curds 1 .5 cup
Garam masala 1 Tsp
Garlic paste 1 Tbsp
Green chillies 2-3
Freshly Ground Black Pepper 1 Tsp
Nutmeg a pinch
1 onion sliced
Coriander powder 2 Tsp
Curry leaves 1-2 sprigs
oil 2 Tbsp
Lemon juice 1 Tbsp
Salt as reqd
Marinate The meat with curds , salt ,nutmeg,Coriander powder, Ginger and Garlic paste.Pressure cook the Meat Marinade along with chopped Green chillies and chopped Tomatoes.Once cooked, add this to the saute'd sliced onion , pepper and curry leaves & allow this to simmer for few more minutes before adding a dash of Lemon juice to serve.
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
RiceHalwa And A Style Tag !!
Rice 500 gms
1 cup freshly grated coconut
Jaggery as per taste
Cashew nuts chopped
Ghee ( for greasing the plate.)
Soak Rice in water overnight. Rice and coconut is ground into a very fine paste with water. Mix ground paste and ,jaggery along with cardamom powder & keep stirring continuously to avoid any formation of lumps. Keep stirring till the mixture leaves the side. Now, spread this mixture onto a greased plate with ghee . Once its cooled cut into desired shapes. enjoy!
I am Tagged to List 10 things that define my style by srijith unni ,who takes you on a journey through his Inspiring & Thought provoking Blog "Yatra" Thanks for the Tag :)
I believe, each one of us have our own unique sense of Style, A special way to present oneself to the world. In other words representing "Who we Really Are " It's the reflection of our inner spirit that defines our style.
Defining my Style :
1. With my Love for Travel, some would say I am a wanderlust and a glimpse of beautiful Scenic Locales inspires the wanderlust in me.
2. My favorite passtime is writing & My Blogging style defines me. Here's an analogy that can be used, writing is like dressing style, we convey a single message with a single sentence structure in several different literary styles , that establish my mood with my choice of images and ideas through the Text that very much add a personal touch to it.
3. My Dressing style: I am more into soft,feminine fun & subtle patterns ,which are more on the lines of being simple, informal ,but at the same time eclectic, that defines my style.
4. Colours that define me, Black and white and whatever colours that matches my mood and the fashion scene .
5 The Decor : My choice of Decor would be simple uncluttered style that's distinct and cozy with rich tones and textures that enlivens my spirit.
6. Accessories :Personal style is about choosing the accessories you love . wouldn't let anybody talk me into using something I don't like. for me ,It's just the way you mix things,traditional with the contemporary which spells the style.
7. The lettering font: I usually prefer is calligraphy that adds a personal flair to the text.
8. Creative Expression & Communication, Through electronic media and Music are more of my style, I love buying accessories for my electronic devices.
9.Cooking and experimenting with food from different cuisines is indeed a pleasuarble pursuit that Influences & defines my own creative style with food .
10. Desk style, would always go in for a feel with functionality, but would not miss out on decorative writing pads and Table top calendars that have beautiful quotes.
Getting to List 10 of these were quite a task ,not that I'm being modest, just that, I don’t usually talk about myself much .
Ultimately,The Bottom Line : A true style is defined by our dynamic self expression of our Inner beauty giving wings to our urges , because at the end of the day, the most important thing is to be comfortable with who you are. I would like to tag anyone reading this & wants to do it :)
Happy Blogging To You All :)
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Breakfast with Chole & Brunch with Baked Potato!!
Chole with Bread!
Recipe source:My Archives
Baked potato with herbs:
Thinking of comfort food and a simple menu for Brunch or lunch, can anyone forget the potato ? Be it Mashed or baked or fried or roasted it is simply a whole some & richly nutritious Meal initself .
If you fancy a Baked potato for brunch/lunch ,here we go, by just rubbing the skin with a bit of garlic butter and rolling the potato in the salt& herb mixture of your choice (I've used dill oregano, thyme) & then bake in an oven for 30 mts.Ready to serve with any sauce of your choice.