Thursday, January 18, 2007

M & M ! (Masala Vadas and a MeMe! )



Masala Vada:

Ingredients

1/4 cup Red Gram
1 cup Bengal Gram
1tsp Black Gram
2" ginger
3 red chillies
1tsp fennel
1" cinammon
2 cloves
2 green chillies chopped
2 onions, finely chopped
cashewnuts(optional)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp finely chopped curry leaves
1 /2 cup dill leaves finely chopped
Salt to taste



Method:

1. Soak the lentils in water for 2 hrs and then drain the water & Coarsely grind along with ginger, red chillies, saunf and salt. (Just add little (2 tbsp) water to get a coarse consistency )

2. Mix in the chopped onions, green chillies, coriander, curry leaves, cashewnuts, and chopped dill leaves & Make small balls, flatten into vadas, and deep fry them till reddish brown in colour. Serve hot, with chutney.




Another MeMe from the Lovely Blogger "SRA",Of whenmysoupcamealive
who hasTagged me to do this Awesome MeMe!

So,here we go:



Three people/things that make me laugh:

My Mom
Watching Goodness Gracious
Candid Camera


Three things that scare me :

Nightmares.
Door Bell ringing after midnight.
Ghosts

Three things I love:

Music that sets in the mood for the day
A Foot Massage after a tiring day
Reading & watching Travelouges


Three things I hate :

Hypocrites & Snobs
whining ! ;)
Gossiping .


Three things I don’t understand:

The Human Psychology , still find it very complex to understand.

Terrorism and hatredism .

On Convincing Through Confusion :)


Three things on my desk:

A Book I am reading right on Top of a pile of Books
A Pen holder , pins & clips
A Pad to scribble my "To do list" ;)

Three things I’m doing right now:

Thinking of all the Bloggers who are writing a Meme this very minute :)
Thinking of what to post in my next Blog :)
Drinking Hot Badam Milk .

Three things I want to do before I die:

Publish a Book of mine .
Travel around the world
perhaps, Be on Mount Everest someday ;)


Three things I can do:

Give my undivided Attention
Play scrabble and badminton
Review Books & Movies

Three things you should listen to:

Listening to a sweet, delightful & pleasant morning Instrumental Music !
Listening to the silence.( Silence is deep as Eternity; speech is shallow as Time. Thomas Carlyle)
Listening to The Temple bells wafting through the hill tops from afar :)


Three things you should never listen to:

An Explosion .
People screaming at each other & strange noises ;)
A owl hooting in the day
.

Three things I’d like to learn

Playing Sitar
Learning Foreign Languages
Sign language

Three favourite foods:

Fruit & veg salads,
Bengali sweets including misti doi.
Biryanis.

Three beverages I drink regularly:

Tender coconut water.
Lemonade.
Coffee.


Three TV shows/Books I read as a kid :

Malgudi days! A TV serial based on R K Narayan's works.
Amar Chitra Katha!
Sleeping Beauty .

Three blogger friends that I am going to tag:
Hmmm..can't think of just one ;)would love to tag everyone who has not yet been tagged to do this Meme ,please feel free to take on this Meme. Have a great week :)